Tuesday, September 21, 2004

No More Excuses

I'm too busy. I'm too tired. I'm brain dead. It's a stupid idea. It's a waste of time. I don't really know how to do get started. There are always 1027 or more reasons not to get started on any given new project.

The project I have been putting off forever is the novel! I have always wanted to write one. I know it will likely never get published, but now that there is a place where I can post and get feeedback from friends, I think I should start. I also have a personal motivation now which people I know might realize once they start reading.

The novel I want to write is temporarily called Barbados. I would like one of the central characters to be a young charismatic guy who runs a restaurant/night club called Barbados in an Asian metropolis... Maybe Hong Kong, maybe Seoul or Taipei.... certainly those cities will be involved in the story... as will the real Barbados be!

Another character (secondary) is to be a older gay horticulturalist who lives a hermit-like life in the mountains, running a plant nursery and sundry other questionable enterprises. He has a non-American accent, but I don't know if he is from Australia, South Africa or the UK as yet. Although he is discerning, he is rather more non-judmental than we might think. He makes the BEST rum punch, loves classical music and has a pet of some sort -a small dog that thinks it is a big dog (or vice versa).

Please write and give me ideas for characters and names for the ones I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home